First Baptist Church of Rahway, 177 Elm Ave., Rahway, New Jersey 07065 is a multi-cultural congregation that has a Blended English Service on Sunday Mornings, a Latino Service at 12:00, and a Service in Telugu at 3:30PM. For more information, call (732) 388-8626. Or click here to send an email. If you wish to help the Mission and Ministry of First Baptist financially click the Donate Button.
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Google Apps Exclude Churches
Google Apps is a program to help businesses with their Internet Marketing. It has some very good applications. They have a program for nonprofits, Google for nonprofits, which a friend told me about. It looked good to me so I signed up for it on behalf of the church. They rejected us. Google does not accommodate churches in their not-for-profit program. Below is from Google’s guidelines.
The following organizations are not eligible for Google for Nonprofits:
Commercial / Goods and Services
· Car, boat and real estate donation websites
· Websites with a primary focus on selling goods, products or services
· Consumer credit counseling
Communities and Groups
· Programs requiring membership and/or providing benefit solely to members, such as clubs, sports teams, alumni, networking and other membership organizations
· Religious content or proselytizing on website as well as organizations that use religion or sexual orientation as factor in hiring or populations served
· Groups serving a primarily political function such as lobbying, think tanks and special interests
· Schools, childcare centers, academic institutions, and universities, unless the organization’s sole (entire) purpose entails serving a disadvantaged community (e.g., the blind, hearing impaired, low-income members, etc.) or the organization is a philanthropic arm of a school (e.g. research programs)
· Places or institutions of worship (e.g., churches, ministries, temples, synagogues)
Any ideas on why this policy exists?