Now that the Presidential Election has gotten off the ground, I’d like to ask you a question or two about politics and religion. How much involvement should religious people have in the political process?
Some Quotes from the Bible to consider.
• Priests and Prophets have been involved in politics from the beginning.
- The Prophet Nathan and King Solomon from 1 Kings 1:11-14.
- The Apostle Paul bows to the demands of local politics in Acts 20:17-25.
- Moses needed good people to serve in his government in Exodus 18:18-22.
- Moses gathered together the leaders of the local tribes for decision making councils in Exodus 3:16.
- God wants us to root out injustice in Proverbs 25:5.
- Jeremiah says God will punish those who are politically corrupt in Jeremiah 22:1-5.
- Jeremiah has been sent to destroy the unjust system and build up a new political system; Jeremiah 1:9-10.
- Jesus says pay your taxes in Matthew 22:17-21.
- The Apostle Paul says that the government is the sword of God in Romans 13:1-7.
- The Apostle Peter says we should show people how good we are by following the rules in 1 Peter 2:13-17.
More Questions for your consideration. Please feel free to give your answers in the Comment section below.
- Do you think Christians should run for political office and openly talk about their faith?
- Do you think Christians should obey the law even when you think it is wrong?
- Do you think Churches should openly support political candidates?
- Do you think Churches should openly support political positions?