Today I sing the praises of the people who helped me, my family, my church and my neighborhood through the Siege of Sandy. Many people stepped up and gave what they could to help us. Many people are still working to restore power and help my neighbors.
· Pedro Hernandez and his friends; helped us put a patch on our damaged church roof.
· Betsy Whitehead; offering food and shelter to friends who were struggling.
· The unknown chain saw guy; cut up my neighbor’s tree branch that blocked his driveway.
· Owner of Flynn’s Tavern in Rahway; helped us find a 50 foot tarp to cover our roof.
· Dirk Weber; his generator kept the entire apartment building warm that he lives in.
· PSE&G for fixing our electricity.
· City of Rahway for getting the fallen trees out of the way.
Jesus said; “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’” Matthew 25: 37-40 NIV.
Amen to that.
God bless you,